Pollo al Ajillo - Spanish Garlic Chicken
With only a few simple ingredients, this Spanish Garlic Chicken is really easy to make and the taste is impeccable!
Servings 6 people
- 1 whole (3 1/2 lb or 1500 g) chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 cloves garlic, unpeeled, soaked in water to soften the skin
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- parsley for garnishing, chopped
Place the chicken pieces into a plastic bag together with flour, salt and pepper. Shake to coat.
Heat the oil in a frying pan that has a lid and add the chicken and garlic. The frying pan should be big enough to fit the chicken in one layer. Fry, turning it over from time to time until the skin begins to brown.
Add the wine and bay leaves and boil for 1 minute. Reduce the heat, cover with a lid, and cook over low heat for 25-30 minutes. Remove the bay leaves and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Pour a little bit of the garlic sauce over the chicken and serve. You can also squeeze out the cooked garlic from its skin. It's really good. Enjoy!