Curried Chicken Salad
Packed with curried chicken, pineapple, raisins, and mango chutney, and served on lettuce leaves, this salad is perfect for impressing your guests!
Servings 6 people
- 1 ½ cups cooked chicken , diced
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 3 tablespoons grated coconut
- ½ cup seedless raisins
- 1 medium fresh pineapple , cubed
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- juice of 1 or 2 lemons (I used one)
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 head romaine lettuce
Mix chicken, salt and pepper in a bowl.
Reserve 1 tablespoon grated coconut and 1 tablespoon raisins for garnish, and place the remaining ones in a bowl with the chicken. Add the pineapple and chutney. Mix.
In another small bowl, or a cup, combine the mayo with the curry and lemon juice. Start from 1 lemon and add more if needed.
Now you can either shred the lettuce and place the salad over it, or arrange the salad on the leaves, like I did. Pour the mayo curry dressing over the salad. Sprinkle with the coconut and raisins. Enjoy!