Thai Iced Tea
Black tea, coconut cream, anise, vanilla, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger mixed together to create the ultimate summer drink!
Servings 2 people
- 4 cups water
- 2 star anise + more for garnish
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cloves whole
- ½ cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons loose black tea , or 1-2 tea bags
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup coconut cream , coconut milk, or sweetened condensed milk (exclude sugar in this case)
Bring water, anise, vanilla, cloves, cinnamon, ginger, and tea to a boil in a large saucepan. Continue boiling for 2-3 minutes, then remove from heat.
Strain the tea through a fine mesh strainer. Add the sugar and stir. Let cool and refrigerate until ready to serve.
To serve, pour some tea into a glass, top with ¼ cup coconut milk or any other product you are using, and garnish with the star anise. Add some ice if you want to. Enjoy!